When I began working with Barbara using the Alexander Technique, I had no idea what to expect during our sessions together. I could feel my muscles stretching out and relaxing but I was completely unaware of what physical habits were impeding my performance and hindering my growth as an actor and therefore did not know what to look for when trying to rectify them. After doing The Alexander Technique regularly in our sessions together, I began to notice the changes in my body. I started to notice the length and connection of my spine, my breathing coordination, vocal production and how these elements, when working together fluidly, allowed for fuller emotional expression. The most beneficial part of working with Barbara is that I am now able to take the work we have done and apply it autonomously in rehearsals, during performances on stage and on set.
- 02 Feb 2018Patsy Rodenburg’s Sydney Workshop February 1st to-3rd 2018
- 19 Nov 2017November Master Class Howard Fine Acting Studio, Melbourne – The Teachers
- 18 Nov 2017How the Howard Fine/David Corey Master Class assisted me with my acting
- 17 Nov 2017November Master Class Howard Fine Acting Studio, Melbourne with Howard Fine, David Corey & Barbara Robertson
- 29 Oct 2017An Actor’s Journey with The Alexander Technique