During the Howard Fine Master Class I realised I was approaching the work from a very cerebral place. In order to rise to the high stakes of the play I found myself pushing and overcompensating. There was a lot of tension during my first run both physically and vocally. I was rushing ahead in moments; I was not present. It was through working with Barbara that I learnt to reconnect to my breath. Her subtle but powerful adjustments and realignment of my body helped me almost immediately connect moment to moment. I found so much freedom and spontaneity in my work and simply allowed myself to let go and trust I was enough. I experienced some major breakthroughs in my acting and it was through the Alexander Technique and Barbara’s meticulous work I was able to access these liberating places!
- 02 Feb 2018Patsy Rodenburg’s Sydney Workshop February 1st to-3rd 2018
- 19 Nov 2017November Master Class Howard Fine Acting Studio, Melbourne – The Teachers
- 18 Nov 2017How the Howard Fine/David Corey Master Class assisted me with my acting
- 17 Nov 2017November Master Class Howard Fine Acting Studio, Melbourne with Howard Fine, David Corey & Barbara Robertson
- 29 Oct 2017An Actor’s Journey with The Alexander Technique